Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May flowers 2013

Well, spring came, went, and then came again!  Henry was thoroughly confused when it was spring and we had snow on the ground!  I think we're on to more typical temps and enjoying what's left of spring outside every chance we can get.

We just finished the annual Heart Walk this morning, and it was the perfect day for it!  Henry was joined by his sidekick, Gus and Aunt CoCo, Uncle Bob, Leo, Finn and Baby Mae, and we had a blast!  The boys walked and even ran some of the three mile trek, Mommas got some good talking in and Mae slept the entire time:). The boys enjoyed the "bounce house" gyms at the end and are likely all subsequently crashing for a nice nap right now in recovery!  This is the first Heart Walk we've done so far, and it was  awesome!  I'm always amazed by all these incredible kids and the strength of these families who support them in the face of CHD.  I absolutely love times when this strength is celebrated.  It's a beautiful thing to witness and it's moments like these I'm reminded how fortunate I am to hold Henry's hand every day.

We also did the AIDS walk, the March of Dimes walk, went to the Lee's Summmit Kite Festival and hope to join another group tomorrow for a 22q Day at the Zoo.  Lots of opportunities for advocacy and luckily the boys LOVE to take walks in the wagon:). I'm sure the pace won't slow much as summer continues!  We look forward to a week of family time off during a "stay-cation" in St. Louis with GG and Papap in June.  Many pictures to come!


Leo and Henry at the kite festival!


Henry climbing the (ginourmous) slide at the March of Dimes walk!


Uncle Bob sharing his enthusiasm with the boys at the kite festival!


Henry coloring the fav coloring book- Angry Birds!


Gus diggin on the Storm Troopers at the March of Dimes walk!


Henry on, yet another, "bounce house" ride!


Henry the soon to be pianist!


Henry by the Heart Walk quilt in the CHD Families group tent.


Gus enjoying the "bounce house" rides by proxy:)

Much love,

Kate, Julie, Henry and Gus

No comments:

Post a Comment