Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Henry!


Our guy turns 5 today and I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratefulness at being able to celebrate another wonderful year with him!!  As I think about the last year and how he has grown, I feel amazed by the transformation.  The simple things like how he's physically grown (stats check: 37 lbs and 43 inches tall!!) alone are awesome.  Though we still have a ways to grow in weight, he keeps getting taller and taller as evidence by the way his pants and shirts from last year are inches too short.  More impressive to me is the way he expresses himself and the persistence with which he takes to explain things and complete tasks he is interested in compared to a year ago.  Only intensifying is the enthusiasm he shares about the things he is interested in.  Anyone who knows him right now could tell you the names of several rocketships and space shuttles (maybe even the order in which they were created?!) and likely sing at least one verse of a Katy Perry song he loves to sing.  The intensity with which he loves people around him melts my heart.  Every one of his teachers at school would tell you Henry gives the best hugs- and they're right!  It has been such an honor to watch him grow into the beautiful person he is and I feel honored to be his number one fan (tied only of course with Momma J)!  And you bet I'll be stealing kisses and hugs every chance I get today in celebration:)!


Much Love,

Kate, Julie Henry and Gus

No comments:

Post a Comment