Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Surgery Day #2

Henry had a restful night last night with lots of behind the scene medicine weans, tweaks and adjustments by his providers.  All typical for post-op per the medical team on his road to recovery.  He is still pretty sleepy, but occasionally will wake up and wave to whomever is at bedside. The nurses included his manners in report:).  This morning the goal was weaning him off the vent, which as you remember from last time is quite a process.  Over the course of several hours he went from "riding the vent", transitioned to "auto mode" and now he's EXTUBATED!!  All before I had my morning coffee!!

Today will be another day of tweaking medication and adjusting support as he needs it in order to help him continue to recover.  He is mostly resting, which is good for him right now but I know finds comfort in those around him during times he is more alert.  I'm thinking a little movie watching is in order as Henry wakes up and I'm excited to pop in a couple of his favorites!

Gus spent a lovely day with GoGo and Papap yesterday!  His report included all the usual sorts of 8 month-old doings including lots of exploration via crawling, lots of eating and 4x poopy diapers!  He spent the night with GG back at home last night and I am hoping that report is uneventful... Gus does like his late night parties still. Sadly, the Cardinals could not pull off a last minute win last night against the Giants.  I think a restful day is in order for everyone:). Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayer- we feel the support constantly.

More updates soon- thanks for checking in on our guy!

Kate, Julie, Gus and Henry

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you guys and keeping Henry in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete