Henry has had a wonderful weekend and is rested up and prepared for surgery this week! We had a couple of wonderful nurses (many more we've not mentioned yet) who pushed for privileges for holding Henry as a pain relief measure as an alternative to medicine, and guess what? We held him almost ALL weekend! I don't have to tell you how wonderful that felt, and Henry actually required less medication as a result. Julie stated it perfectly - the healing power of touch:) Lots of wonderful visitors this weekend and all kinds of love for Mr. Henry (or "Hank" if you ask the uncles:) I will return part-time to work this week. In thinking about a more extended hospital stay for Henry than we had initially planned for, Julie and I have decided that using our complimentary schedules to our advantage right now will be better down the road. I am fortunate to literally work across the street from Children's Mercy, so I can be available within 5 minutes if needed (yes, I've timed it:). Henry is peacefully sleeping in Grandma's arms in Rm #11 as we get some rest at home for the week ahead... one loved man and two lucky momma's!
No new news medically, just a lot of resting for surgery. We were told by the surgeon, Dr. O'Brien, that there are two cases scheduled for tomorrow and he is hoping to fit Henry's plication in addition. Should the surgeries go longer than expected, Henry will be on for first thing Tuesday morning. So, keep our little man in your thoughts/prayers this week for smooth surgery and recovery. They think surgery will take about one hour and anticipate they won't even start thinking about extubation until several days post-surgery. So exciting week ahead- we'll keep you posted.
Much love,
Kate and Julie
HI Kate and Julie!
ReplyDeletePlease know that I am thinking of you today. I hope all goes well with his surgery today. If you need anything at all please let me know!
So glad to hear you had a restful weekend. Prayers for strength and healing this week.
ReplyDeletexoxo
robin
ps have you read the genereviews article about 22q-? If not its good, but very lengthy - but if I don't say it while I'm thinking about it, I won't remember!! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&part=gr_22q11deletion
Thank goodness for level headed nursing staff (right Jules??)!! Best thing he could have received-the loving touches of mama's. Love that lil' man and of course all our thoughts are with him and a successful surgery and even more successful (and quick-is this selfish?)recovery for the handsome man! Lots of love and positive energy...willing to help inany way, let us know when we can!
ReplyDeleteD R and E