We're having a restful football (watching) Saturday here in the PICU. Henry's xray this morning showed some congestion in his left lung, which they said was nothing to worry about and could be a side effect of his plication surgery yesterday. So, the Intensivist decided that Henry might need one more day to recoup from the surgery before pushing for weaning from the ventilator. He is on additional breathing treatments every four hours to help him shake out the congestion, and has done really well with them. These are pretty painful as they make him cough, and his side is still pretty sensitive from surgery. He's been in arms all day between momma and grandparents to help with recovery- it sure feels wonderful to be included in his "care plan"!
Julie returned to work this AM and had a birthday cake (see below) and very supportive coworkers waiting for her... makes for a smoother transition back that's for sure:) We missed her here, but are so proud of our hard working momma! Hopefully Henry will be ready for an exciting Sunday, but the providers will go at his pace. Thanks for checking in with our guy!

-Kate and Julie
The BEST cake I have ever tasted! Right on Rhesa! Hope you took the rest home Julia-- wouldn't want Kate to miss out on it. Good to see you back at work, and I'm glad Henry is making great progress.
ReplyDeleteErica
Oh- no worries! I had a HUGE helping of the cake and I believe it was the best cake I've ever tasted:) Thanks for being such an awesome support for Julie!
ReplyDelete