He was moving around a lot at times yesterday despite the sedatives, so he was changed to a different medication that seems to be more effective at helping his rest. I know they want minimal movement right now, but selfishly I was happy to see him move around. Makes me know our feisty guy is in there, when this sleeping little boy has temporarily taken his place. It is definitely a waiting game that we are prepared for, but I am anxious to see his beautiful eyes and hear his voice again. All in good time:)
We can't say for sure, but if Henry continues this progress the hope is that they will close his chest by tomorrow and think about weaning off the vent sometime this weekend. These are two huge steps that they will ease Henry into, and depending on how that goes the transition to the Cardiology Floor will follow. So, send your calming restful thoughts our little guy's way.
-K & J
No comments:
Post a Comment